We are supporting a specialist provider based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with their recruitment needs. We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to work within a supported living setting to provide support to young adults with learning disabilities and complex care needs.
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week with an option of additional hours. Previous experience is essential and all applicants must have or be willing to work towards an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care. The pay rate is between £10.90 – £11.40.
As a Senior Support Worker your main responsibilities will include:
- To manage the medication system, ordering through to administration.
- To manage care plans, guidelines and risk assessments are accurate and up to date.
- To supervise and lead a team of support workers, carrying out supervisions and appraisals.
- To support people in accordance with their needs and wishes as detailed in their person centred support plans.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the Safeguarding of Adults and to recognise and report any disclosure, suspicion or evidence of harm, risk of harm, abuse or neglect
- To accurately complete documentation accurately
- To support people to stay healthy and safe
- To attend training, including induction training, team meetings and individual supervisions.
- To support people in all aspects of their daily living, for example, going shopping, cooking, keeping the home clean.
- To help service users live an active lifestyle.
In return, our client is offering a range of benefits, including:
- Fully paid induction and training
- Workplace pension as per the government regulations
- Meals on duty
- Excellent opportunities to progress within the organisation
- This is a great opportunity for a Support Worker to gain experience with one of the country’s leading providers.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.50 – £12.00 per hour