We are supporting a specialist provider based in Corsham, Wiltshire with their permanent recruitment. We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to work within a residential setting to provide support to adults with learning disabilities.
This is a permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. Previous experience is essential but an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable. Our client can promise a nurturing and supportive environment so If you are already an established Senior Support Worker, our client may be able to offer progression into a managerial role.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying £11.30 – £11.50 per hour.
As a Senior Support Worker your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage the medication system, ordering through to administration.
- Ensure care plans and risk assessments are accurate and up to date and meet the needs of the individual.
- Supervise and lead a team of support workers, carrying out supervisions and appraisals if required.
- Support service users in accordance with their needs and wishes as detailed in their person-centred support plans.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Safeguarding of Adults and to recognise and report any disclosure, suspicion or evidence of harm, risk of harm, abuse, or neglect.
- Support service users to remain as active and healthy as possible.
- Attend training, including induction training, team meetings and individual supervisions.
- Support service users in all aspects of their daily living, such as shopping, cooking and domestic.
- Support service users to live an active lifestyle.
In return, our client is offering a whole host of benefits, including:
· Increasing annual leave after 3 and 5 years of service
· Real opportunity to progress into management roles
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Scott Austin.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.