We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Residential Children’s Worker in Mickleover, Derbyshire.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD within a BRAND NEW children’s home. This is an opportunity to join a supportive employer with genuine opportunities to progress.
This is a permanent position working on average 40 hours per week plus sleep in’s.
Previous experience as a senior is not essential, although you will need a Level 3 or 4 Residential Childcare. If you are looking to start your progress in your career, our client can promise a nurturing, supportive and fun working environment.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying between £29,400 – £32,000 OTE including a sleep in rate of £62.50.
As a Senior Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Attend staff meetings and supervisions.
- Be accountable for any decision made regarding the welfare of the children and staff members during the shifts that you lead.
- Discuss with the Manager any concerns with staffing matters.
- Ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with changes to procedures.
- Provide support using a person centred approach.
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm.
- Continuous commitment to professional development.
- To be willing to cover other homes when required.
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Clear pathway to Deputy manager position.
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Supportive company.
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Tom Wilson.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.