Shire are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Residential Children’s Worker based in Clitheroe, Lancashire. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a specialist children’s home. You would be required to work 8-10 sleeps per month as well which are paid on top. An experienced Senior can be expected to earn up to £33,500 per year.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD within a service that supports up to 2 to 3 children.
As a Senior Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- To attend staff meetings and supervisions.
- To be accountable for any decision made in regard to the welfare of the young people and staff members during the shifts that you lead.
- To discuss with the Manager any concerns with staffing matters.
- To ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with changes to procedures.
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Career progression opportunities
- Enhanced overtime rate
- Increase annual leave
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
- NVQ level 5 enrolment
- Free meals on shift and brilliant sleep in facilities.
Ideally applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Experience of successfully managing a small staff team
- Hold NVQ Diploma level 3 or 4 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Hold a Full UK drivers licence
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a specialist Consultant