Shire are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Residential Children’s Support Worker based in Sudbury, Suffolk.
Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 39 hours per week within a specialist service.
The hourly rate is £13.60 per hour + £63 per sleep in. On avergae each staff work 4-6 sleeps per month.
This role will be a mixture of early, late and long day shifts.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD.
As a Senior Residential Children’s Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- To attend staff meetings and supervisions.
- To be accountable for any decision made in regard to the welfare of the young people and staff members during the shifts that you lead.
- To discuss with the Manager any concerns with staffing matters.
- To ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with changes to procedures.
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Opportunity to progress to a Deputy Manager
- Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
- Enrollment on to Level 5 Leadership and management.
Ideally applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Experience of successfully leading a small team
- Hold NVQ Diploma level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Hold a Full UK drivers licence
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a specialist Consultant