We have an exciting opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Guildford. Our client is a forward thinking, innovative provider of children services and offer all employees a rewarding, dynamic working environment. This position is a Permanent full-time position, working (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm).
The successful applicant will be working within a multi-disciplinary team providing support to children with SHB and challenging behaviour.
As a Residential Children’s Worker your main responsibilities will include:
- Encouraging the young people to form positive relationships and become a contributing member of the local community
- Promote physical activity and hygiene
- To act as a positive role model for the residents
- Actively participate and support the young people in social, education and recreational activities
- Encourage the young people in participating with domestic duties and maintaining of the household
- Support the young people out in the community for examples appointments and shopping
- Support the work of the local authorities and third party agencies
- Assist the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the home is fulfilled.
In return, our client is offering a range of benefits, including:
- Annual Leave Service Award
- NVQ Bonus when complete Level 3 or Level 5
- Free meals on shift (for residential roles)
- Company pays for DBS as well as reimburses cost for update service each year
- Excellent sleep in facilities
This is a great opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker to gain experience with one of the country’s leading providers with excellent career progression opportunities.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 per year