Shire are now working in partnership with a leading provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Audenshaw, Manchester. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a unique specialist service. You will be joining a small but growing company that are extremely child focused.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD and challenging behaviour. Please note 24 hour shifts and sleep-ins are required for this post.
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Support service users to maintain and develop relationships with friends and family.
- Support the children in all aspects of their daily living
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Enhanced weekend rate
- Market leading health care insurance
- NEST pension
- Real opportunities to progress
- Annual leave which increases with service
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
Ideally applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Car driver is desirable
- Willingness to work towards a level 3
- Able to work weekends and sleep ins
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a specialist Consultant