Shire are now working in partnership with a provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Burton on Trent. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a specialist service. You would be required to work 5-7 sleeps per month which are paid on top of your salary. An experienced Residential Children’s Worker can be expected to earn up to £30,000 per year.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD.
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- To attend staff meetings and supervisions.
- To be accountable for any decision made in regard to the welfare of the young people and staff members during the shifts that you lead.
- To discuss with the Manager any concerns with staffing matters.
- To ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with changes to procedures.
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Market leading salaries
- Brilliant opportunities to progress
- Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
- Enrolment onto a Level 3 in Residential Childcare
Ideally applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working with the care sector
- Hold a Full UK drivers licence
- Be aged 21 or above
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a member of our team.