We are currently looking for a number of Support Workers in Meldreth, to work within a children home and school provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people aged 9-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
Location: Meldreth, Nr. Royston, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £10.04ph to £11.13ph (linked to competency and qualifications)
Hours: 4 week rota pattern – Ave 40hrs per week.
- Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care.
- Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop.
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable.
- Helping develop their learning and social skills wherever possible.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile.
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible.
- Exceptional communication skills and patience.
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature.
- Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children’s needs.
- Ability to work on a rota pattern- please note that this will typically mean working every other weekend.
Benefits of this position:
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Child Care which will be funded by the client.
- Part time hours available if required
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
If you are interested in the role, please submit you CV.