Shire Healthcare are now working in partnership with a leading provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Chester. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Suitable applicants will be working within a newly refurbish grade II listed building. The home supports children aged from 8-19 years old with autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour who attend the near by autism-specific day school. This home runs on a high ratio of staff to children in order to achieve an outstanding level of care and support.
- £26,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
- Work 3-4 days per week
- Excellent training and induction
- 10 weeks holiday
- Brilliant progression opportunities
- No waking nights or sleep ins for day staff.
What you will need
- Previous experience of supporting children or adults with autism, challenging behaviour, learning disabilities or EBD.
- Hold or working towards a level 3 in (Health and Social care) or (children’s and young people’s workforce)
- Willing and able to commute to Chester
- Able to work mornings, lates and weekends
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- To support pupils with intimate care needs.
- To track and record the young people’s progress and development
- Demonstrate the vision and values of the home in everyday practice, upholding the ethos at all times.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of others. Safeguard and protect vulnerable children
- Actively contribute to the culture of the home as a learning/holistic organisation.
*Please note there is no onsite parking at the home. The home is very close to the train station, bus routes and public car parks.*
If you are looking for a new role with excellent training, progression and benefits the please apply today and our consultant will be in touch!