Shire are now working in partnership with a provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Derby. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a unique service. Please note this role will include sleep-ins, this will be paid on top of your hourly rate. Earning potential is dependent on previous experience but it is possible to earn up to £30k per year.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD and Challenging Behaviour within a children’s home. If you are looking for a genuine supportive employer please get in touch!
Salary – £26,125.00 – £29,850.00 per year
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Support service users to maintain and develop relationships with friends and family.
- Support the children in all aspects of their daily living
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
- To provide a safe, warm and supportive environment for the young resident.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Paid enrolment onto NVQ level 3
- 33 days annual leave
- Enhanced disclosure costs
- Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
Reference – 1093