We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Ripley, Derbyshire. If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD within a children’s home. This is an opportunity to join a supportive employer with genuine opportunities to progress.
This is a permanent position working 10 shifts per month and contracted to 173 hours per month. If you are already an established Residential Children’s Worker, our client may be able to offer progression into a Senior Role as and when the time is right.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying £11.00 – £12.00 per hour + £80 sleep ins.
DRIVERS LICENSE IS ESSENTIAL.
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support using a person centred approach.
- Support the children to maintain and develop relationships with friends and family.
- Encourage the children to integrate with the local community by attending clubs or day centres.
- Support the children in all aspects of their daily living.
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm.
- Continuous commitment to professional development.
- To be willing to cover other homes when required.
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Supportive and well structured company.
- Progression pathway to Seniors / Team leaders.
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Tom Wilson.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.