We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Operations Manager based in South Yorkshire. If successful, you will be overseeing multiple services that provides support to children with social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties within a children’s home.
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week plus overtime if needed. This role is open to experienced Registered Managers ready to take the next step.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying between £54,000 – £61,000 per year.
As a Operations Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the team members you employ meet the requirements in Schedule 2 of The Children’s Home Regulations 2015, and that you have enough staff on duty at all times to appropriately support the children in the home.
- Play a key role in all external audits.
- You will be expected to supervise staff on a 1-1 basis, group basis and coaching and mentoring on the job in line with the current policy.
- Build relationships with the Registered Managers and other professionals in relation to the support provided to each child.
- You will be responsible for notifying incidents and events in line with current policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure staffing levels and competencies meet the requirements of the home and its residents.
- Ensure new staff receive an induction and that each member of staff has a personal development plan.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the statutory and procedural framework for residential care and communicate this to the wider team.
- Overall responsibility for the service and the main point of contact for third-party organisations and governing bodies.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Company Pension.
- Market leading training.
- Petrol allowance.
- Healthcare benefits.
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Tom Lane.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.