We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Deputy Manager based in Luton, Bedfordshire.
If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with emotional, and behavioural difficulties within a BRAND NEW children’s home.
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm hours per week.
There is an expectation that shift work and sleep in’s will be required when the home first opens.
Previous experience in a managerial role is not essential although all applicants must have an NVQ level 3 in Residential childcare.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying a basic salary £32,000 per annum.
As a Deputy Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of statutory and procedural frameworks for residential care and communicate this to members of the team.
- Support the Registered Manager with external audits.
- Ensure that staffing levels and competencies meet the requirements of the home and its children.
- Ensure each child has a care plan which reflects their emotional, care, social, and cultural needs.
- Ensure all new staff receive a thorough induction.
- Report and assist the manager in resolving issues relating to staff motivation, conduct and competencies of staff members.
- Monitor finances and ensure budgets are managed effectively.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- NVQ Level 5 Leadership and Management paid for.
- Work alongside and support a passionate Registered Manager.
- Clear progression pathway to Registered Manager.
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Tom Wilson.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.