We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Deputy Manager based in Clitheroe, Lancashire. If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with emotional, and behavioural difficulties within a children’s home. This is an opportunity to join a supportive employer with genuine opportunities to progress.
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week plus sleep ins. Previous experience in a senior or managerial role is essential and all applicants must have an NVQ level 3 in Residential childcare or equivalent.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying a basic salary between £27,000 to £28,000 per year.
With sleep in’s included the total earnings will be between £35,000 – £37,000 a year.
As a Deputy Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of statutory and procedural frameworks for residential care and communicate this to members of the team.
- Support the Registered Manager with external audits.
- Ensure that staffing levels and competencies meet the requirements of the home and its children.
- Ensure each child has a care plan which reflects their emotional, care, social, and cultural needs.
- Ensure all new staff receive a thorough induction.
- Report and assist the manager in resolving issues relating to staff motivation, conduct and competencies of staff members.
- Monitor finances and ensure budgets are managed effectively.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Genuine opportunities to progress to a Registered Manager
- Opportunity to work towards a level 5 qualified
- Free meals on shift
- Overtime rate
- Increase annual leave with length of service
- Work alongside and support a passionate Registered Manager
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Kieran Nowopolski.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.