We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Deputy Manager based in Ipswich, Suffolk. If successful, you will be working as part of a team providing support to children with EBD within a children’s home. This is an opportunity to join a supportive employer with genuine opportunities to progress.
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week. 3 days in the office and 2 shifts per week. Previous experience in a senior or managerial role is not essential although all applicants must have an NVQ level 3 in Residential childcare.
Alongside countless benefits and progression opportunities, our client is paying between £30,000 – £32,000 per annum.
As a Deputy Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of statutory and procedural frameworks for residential care and communicate this to members of the team.
- Support the Registered Manager with external audits.
- Ensure that staffing levels and competencies meet the requirements of the home and its children.
- Ensure each child has a care plan which reflects their emotional, care, social, and cultural needs.
- Ensure all new staff receive a thorough induction.
- Report and assist the manager in resolving issues relating to staff motivation, conduct and competencies of staff members.
- Monitor finances and ensure budgets are managed effectively.
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Good clear progression pathway to registered manager role.
- Market leading training and induction.
- Employer well being package.
To take the next step in your career, apply today for a conversation with our Residential specialist Tom Wilson.
Not for you? Refer your friends and family and as our way of saying thank you, we will give you a referral bonus.