We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager based in Wolverhampton. Our client is a forward thinking, innovative provider of children’s services and offers all employees a rewarding, dynamic working environment. This position is a permanent, full-time position with an earning potential between £35,000 to £36,500.
The successful applicant will assist manage the home and staff team providing support to children presenting with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Please note you will be required to work 2 sleeps ins per week.
Previous experience as a Deputy Manger would be an advantage but not essential.
Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of statutory and procedural frameworks for residential care and communicating this to members of the team
- Ensuring that staffing levels and competences meet the requirements of the home and its residents
- Ensuring each young person has a plan which reflects all of their needs
- Ensuring all new staff receive a thorough induction
- Report and assist the manager in revolving issues relating to staff motivation, conduct and competences of staff members
- Monitoring finances and ensuring budgets are managed effectively
Why this role:
- Opportunity to work alongside a passionate manager
- Amazing training opportunities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
- Enrolment onto a level 5 qualification
- Career path to become a Registered Manager
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!