An exciting opportunity has become available for a permanent Therapeutic Practitioner based in Liverpool. We are looking for applicants that have experience of working with young people within a residential children’s setting. Although our client is able to offer on-going training and development, the successful applicant will need to hit the ground running.
If successful, you will be providing therapeutic care and supportive behavioural management services to young people in a residential setting.
As a Therapeutic Practitioner, your responsibilities will include:
- To act as a positive role model for the young people living within the home
- Ensuring the safety of the of the young people within the homes agreed risk assessment relating to safeguarding and protection
- To assist in accurately assessing the needs of the young people in relation to the care provided, education needs and therapeutic support
- To actively engage and encourage the young people to take part in a range of activities to help build their confidence and development
- To work within the SPARCS model (Structured Psychotherapy for Adolescents Responding to Chronic Stress). This will entail group intervention which is specifically designed to support the needs of chronically traumatised adolescents who may still be living with ongoing stress.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Reference ID: 129
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 – £28,000 per year