Team Leader – Young Adult Residential Care
Location: Meldreth, Nr. Royston – Cambridgeshire / Hertfordshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time – 40 hours per week – Shifts
Salary: £12.79 – £14.09 per hour (linked to competency and qualifications)
Annual Salary: £26,607 – £29,311 per year for a 40 hour week
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to work for our client in Meldreth, Hertfordshire. Rated CQC Outstanding, the client offers a supportive living and learning environment for young adults with severe and profound learning difficulties and complex health needs. With specialist facilities and a focus on promoting independence, they support each of their young people through the transition from education into adulthood with a focus on person-centred programmes to promote independence.
- Provide support to the Care Managers through the management, motivation and coaching of a team of support workers and Senior Support workers to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first.
- Be responsible for a team that provide appropriate physical and emotional support to the young people through the work of the care team within a residential environment and with off-site activities.
This will include:
- Help with the induction of new team members and their continued mentoring and development towards QCF and other mandatory training.
- Carry out supervisions along with dealing with Performance Management issues within your team.
- Take an active role in ensuring that activities are completed, and effectively delegated and day-to-day implementation of young people’s individual program plans are carried out efficiently with adequate cover available at all times.
- Ensure that all documentation is kept up to date.
- Undertake on a regular basis sleeping-in duties for which an allowance is paid and waking night duties and undertake duty manager/on call responsibilities
- Please note that the role may require participation in physical intervention and personal care.
- QCF Level 3 in Adult Social Care
- Shift / team leading experience
- Superb communication skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to lead and motivate
There is a good, clear progression path with this client so if you are looking for a solid career move, then please do not hesitate to apply.