We are supporting a specialist provider based in Leyland with their recruitment needs. We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to work within a residential setting to provide support adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
This is a permanent role working 38 hours per week with an option of additional hours. We can also offer part time roles. The hour rate starts between £11.30 – £11.80 per hour. If you are an experience Senior Support Worker or a Support Worker looking to take the next step then please do apply.
As a Senior Support Worker your main responsibilities will include:
- To manage the medication system, ordering through to administration.
- To manage care plans, guidelines and risk assessments are accurate and up to date.
- To supervise and lead a team of support workers, carrying out supervisions and appraisals.
- To support people in accordance with their needs and wishes as detailed in their person centred support plans.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the Safeguarding of Adults and to recognise and report any disclosure, suspicion or evidence of harm, risk of harm, abuse or neglect
- To accurately complete documentation accurately
- To support people to stay healthy and safe
- To attend training, including induction training, team meetings and individual supervisions.
- To support people in all aspects of their daily living, for example, going shopping, cooking, keeping the home clean.
- To help service users live an active lifestyle.
In return, our client is offering a range of benefits, including:
- Fully paid induction and training
- NVQ level 3 and NVQ level 4 courses
- Excellent opportunities to progress within the organisation
- Brilliant healthcare insurance
- Yearly bonus for Senior Support Workers
- Refer a friend scheme
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information.