We are currently looking for a number of Night Support Workers in Meldreth, Nr. Royston (South Cambridgeshire / North Hertfordshire border) for our client children’s home and school provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties resulting in complex learning needs.
Location: Meldreth, Nr. Royston – Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary:£10.04ph to £11.13ph (linked to competency and qualifications) + a night supplement of £25 per night shift worked
Hours: 4 week rota pattern of 14 shifts (8:45pm to 8:15am) – Ave 40hrs per week.
Training: Full training is provided and once passed probation we will support and fund you studying the Level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare.
At night; your role will be to provide the highest level of care for our children and young adults; from assisting them in getting ready for bed (including washing/changing), encouraging a healthy sleeping pattern where possible and of course regularly checking all of those in your care at regular intervals through the night and dealing with any incidences that occur.
- Providing exceptional high levels of care for our children and young adults
- Assisting with getting them ready for bed which will include washing and changing
- Encourage a healthy sleeping pattern where possible
- Checking on the children and young adults at regular intervals throughout the night and dealing with any difficulties
- Ensuring that medical needs are met at all times
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive, calm and happy
Please note that the role may require participation in physical intervention and personal care routines.
This is a waking night position; so in the quiet periods you will also be expected to get involved in some light housekeeping duties (such as loading the dishwasher and keeping the environment tidy).
With full training and continued support you will take responsibility for ensuring that all their medical needs are met including the administration and recording of prescribed medication.
The key to this role will be your ability to communicate effectively, build trusting relationships and provide the support required to enable our children and young adults to become more autonomous.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
- Exceptional communication skills and patience
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children’s needs
- Ability to work on a rota pattern which will include working every other weekend
What’s on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare which will be funded by the client.
- DBS paid for by the client.
- Part time hours available if required
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV.