Shire are now working in partnership with a leading provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Derby. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a unique therapeutic service. Please note this role will include sleep-ins, this will be paid on top of your salary. The shift pattern is 1 on 2 off.
If successful, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing support to children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and complex care needs within a children’s home. If you are looking for a genuine supportive employer please get in touch!
The ideal candidate would have previous experience working with Children in a residential or educational setting. If you have previous care experience with adults please do still apply.
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Support service users to maintain and develop relationships with friends and family.
- Encourage service users to integrate with the local community by attending clubs or day centres.
- Support people in all aspects of their daily living
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Enhanced overtime rate plus 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced disclosure paid
- Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
- Paid enrolment onto NVQ level 3
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000